Long commute, hours, but significant salary - things to think about and how to handle potential impact on family time?
Hi all,
Going out on a limb here to get some advice from some folks that may have faced this situation and weathered the storm -
The role is with a firm that is approximately 1.5hr commute each way (3+ hour round trip) with projected hours being 7am-7pm for approximately a year before normalizing to traditional business hours.
I worked my butt off for a client project over the past two years and after a missed promotion at my current firm, I was asked to interview for a position with my client where I just received an offer.
The salary is quite significant (200k+) and the most I’ve ever been offered in my career.
I’m on the fence about accepting. It will be a very different situation for me than my current role (15 min commute, 8 hour days, flexibility with WFH etc), but this kind of money is literally life changing.
I’m trying to think through the potential impacts of the decision on my family life and overall my quality life.
We recently bought a new house with our two small children (5 & 7) in mind before this opportunity presented itself, so relocating won’t be in the cards for a little bit of time.
I’m worried about missing major milestones for my children, but my wife is indifferent about the time sacrifice in exchange for an opportunity to secure our family’s financial security so that our children can have better lives than us (we both grew up in lower middle class households).
I guess my question is, what kind of things should I be evaluating in addition to the obvious? If you have a long commute/hours & family, what are some things that you’ve employed to make up the lack of time during the week on the weekends to make up for it?
I’m open to all commentary. This is a big decision for me and while my wife is very supportive, I’m thinking I’m missing something that could be very unpleasant in the future.
Thanks for any input you may have, it’s very much appreciated
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: