Just started at new job, but considering opening my search back up?

TL;DR: Office admin job turns into warehouse manager jackofalltrades position at min. wage after starting. Wanting to leave after 1 week to be paid appropriately for my labor. And do I include them on my resume if I start searching so soon?

I quit my night shift retail supervisor job of 2 years at the end of February to find something in my field (administration/reception). My last 2 jobs were paid $17-$18/H with various days off, both night shift, so I was hoping for similar pay or at least preferably during the day so I could see my husband more after working nights for 4+ years.

I felt pretty lucky to find a M-F 9-5 office job on my 2nd interview starting immediately. They described it as "a little of everything" doing general admin with invoices, billing, shipping/receiving packages, taking orders, creating estimates and quotes, and general office duties like phones, messages, filing, emails, etc.. They were aware that I had never done the parts outside of the general office duties, but were willing to train me (including QuickBooks which is a huge tranferable skill in my field).

However, less than a week in, I am thinking of looking for something else. The job is minimum wage ($14/H) and the amount and type of work I am doing is worth more. I was thrown in to sink-or-swim after 4 hour "training" session. It is a mom and pop office with other family working there so everybody is significantly more aware of everything to do with the company from inventory to building parts to paperwork. They want me to get steeltoe shoes so I can help in the warehouse. I kind of feel taken advantage of? Jobs like this in my area START at $18! Just the admin work alone tends to advertise for $21. They won't give me a job description and keep giving me more and more things to do outside of what was originally described.

What I am worried about is damaging my reputation with them by leaving so soon after starting. Not to mention, how would explain this to a potential employer? I don't want people to think I can't handle the job (albeit incredibly stressful due to sink-or-swim with growing duties) or that I am a job hopper. My husband and friends have been telling me to start looking for something else since my first day. Help!

ETA: Do I even include them on my resume if I am leaving so quickly? i have learned some basic skills through my last few days that are transferable.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Just started at new job, but considering opening my search back up? Just started at new job, but considering opening my search back up? Reviewed by Louhi on mars 08, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.