Is it frowned upon to turn down overtime?

I am about a month in to my (corporate office environment) job, and have been mostly training. I'm expected to start on my own next week, no problem.

My schedule is,

Week 1: On M/T, off W/TR, on F/S/S Week 2: Off M/T, on W/TR, off F/S/S

And then back again. These are all 12.5 hour shifts as its a 24/7 business, opposite of another person.

The person that works opposite of me, took off W/TR for his short week next week.

The boss blindsided me today and asked me to cover for him, which would make it an 87.5 hour work week. That isnt what I signed up for, so I told him no. Later, I sent an email and said I could pick up one of the days, but not both.

Honestly, I would quit if I was required to work that many hours in a week, but its not a bad job and id rather keep it.

Did I fuck up?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Is it frowned upon to turn down overtime? Is it frowned upon to turn down overtime? Reviewed by Louhi on mars 08, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.