I am a software/web developer. My last job gave me 4 weeks PTO, 1.5 weeks sick, 3 personal days, plus holidays as well as the extra federal holidays. I was able to work from home 2 times a week.
The work was dull, but it paid really well, more than enough for me. However, I got in my head that I had to be working with the latest and greatest technologies, and decided to look around.
I ended up getting the job I have now. Before signing the offer, I had second thoughts and a gut feeling that I was giving up a good thing. But family told me that it would be a better opportunity.
I decided to take it, but have felt bitterness and regret since day 1.
I no longer have all the PTO, I no longer have the 2 days work from home. I lost all the extra federal holidays. There is more work, more stress, and more anxiety. Because of the nature of the industry that this company is in, there is extra support required during holidays (retail)
I also found out after I started, that there is an on call component that I wasn't told about during the interview. Had I known that, I don't know if I would have accepted the position, or I would have asked for way more money.
All of those perks and benefits lost, and all the extra BS, for just a 10% raise.
After taxes and deductions that 10% raise didn't amount to much of anything.
The job itself isn't bad. People are nice. I just can't shake the feeling that I got a bad deal, and I feel bitterness and regret every day for what I lost. It's been a little over 3 months, and I still feel the same way.
Has anyone ever been in this type of situation?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: