Concern over potential travel abroad for work

Hi all. So I recently got an offer for a white collar office position at a global organisation. Which is great. However, I do have this concern about potential travel abroad for this job.

I got the paperwork for the laptops recently and on one the forms I’m asked if I’m open to travel. The position is mainly based here at home and my duties pertain to that, but it seems there is some potential for air travel.

I’m concerned about this part since the company is headquartered in the UK, and has offices all round the world including different countries in Europe. Ever since 5 years is so ago when I’ve been following UK/Europe news, I’ve been hearing of all sorts of terrorist attacks, bombings, truck crashing, stabbings etc happening on there.

I know that I might be being irrational, and that my chances of getting caught in anything are low (I hope), though this is a real concern of mine. My questions are:

  1. Is it ok to mark down “no” to travel or would that make me look bad and jeopardise my position before I’ve even started?

  2. If I ever did travel, could I use the US State Dept travel warnings, and my concerns about them as a reason to not travel abroad for work? Or just say I’m not comfortable travelling when presented with the chance/requirement?

  3. Am I being silly or irrational over this?

Thanks in advance for any insight all.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Concern over potential travel abroad for work Concern over potential travel abroad for work Reviewed by Louhi on mars 07, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.