Received Job Offer, Best Way To Counter & Negotiate For More

On Friday I received a job offer with a private firm that does work with financial institutions and other monetary services. The details of the offer are as follows:

  • Salary of USD 42K
  • Company will match 100 percent of my contribution to 401k up to 3 percent of salary plus an additional 50 cents on the dollar of additional contributions up to 2 percent (i.e. if I contribute 5 percent they will match 4 percent)
  • 8 paid holidays per year
  • Personal Time Off program combines sick days, vacation days, and personal days where I will accrue PTO monthly up to 15 days per calendar year
  • Company will sponsor certs & professional memberships for continuing education
  • Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life & AD&D, and Disability thru Anthem
  • HSA's, FSA's, and Qualified Transport Account thru Discovery Benefits (the only thing I think I will take from this bullet point will be the parking as I will need to pay to park in a lot)
  • 401k thru Fidelity

Now, I have two friends who already work for this group and started in the same role I am going into. The one started last year and gets 40k and the other started 3 years ago at 37k (he's since moved up job titles plus pay). In my interview I told them my salary range was 45k-52k and they said they had a range of 40k-43k. I told them that because I am bringing relevant experience to the table it commands a higher pay. I don't mind the 42k salary but I want to try for the additional 1k, whether that is the increase in salary or another week's time to PTO. Is this a smart thing to try for? If yes, what should I ask for and how? There is another offer that is highly likely to be made by a bank in my area but it would be for less pay and I'd have to take phone calls, so I'm not keen on that position. I'm excited for the role I was offered but I don't know if me trying to squeeze more will backfire.

That said, my two friends both mentioned that the pay for the the job is below what others in the field make but they say the flexible schedule (e.g. start early or late, doesn't matter as long as you get the work done) is a huge positive. Plus, the office is 10 minutes away from my house so travel wouldn't be terrible.

If you need to know anything else, please let me know and I'll try my best to respond.

Thanks!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Received Job Offer, Best Way To Counter & Negotiate For More Received Job Offer, Best Way To Counter & Negotiate For More Reviewed by Louhi on février 17, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.