I've been given 2 job offers for 2 entry-level engineering positions and need to make a choice. One is very local to me with a great company, but the company starts off all their engineers as contractors to see how they are before hiring them full-time. I have heard from peers that a transition to a full-time role is to be expected if you perform well. It would be an hourly wage. The other job offer is a full-time position with a company that's near the top of the Fortune 500 list, and the salary would be ~10k more than the contract job (that's assuming working 2080 hours, so actually probably more than 10k). The position seems to be more solid and more interesting in general. However, what's really killing it for me is that the commute to the company would be quite awful. I would be spending 1.5 - 2 hours total in the car every day (30-45 minutes there, 45-60+ minutes back) as opposed to 20 minutes a day (10 minutes each way) with the more local one. I put an abnormally high value on the ease/stressfulness of getting to and from work every day, which is what is making this decision so difficult. I love being able to not stress about getting places and to maximize my time relaxing at home. I should mention that moving is out of the question, for personal reasons. So despite the fact that the geographically farther option is the better opportunity in pretty much every way, I just can't stop stressing the commute for some reason. Does anyone have any advice or insight to offer in this regard?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: