Hey /r/jobs,
I'm kind of at a loss with this and I'm not sure what to do. I work in IT as a helpdesk tech, and me and a coworker (I'll call him B) cover a very large site by ourselves. We have over 3000 users and over 4000 devices that we are directly responsible for maintaining, along with network infrastructure, a ton of different applications, etc.
It sounds like a lot of work, and most days, it is, but we scrape by, or I should say, I scrape by.
B is a different story. He shows up for work most days 1-2 HOURS late, takes an hour lunch on top of that, finds any excuse to personally drive over to head office (a 45+ minute round trip) for trivial things, and then leaves with me at 4 p.m. I know it eats away at his morale because he has no motivation to do anything. I'm always taking the initiative to get projects done, complete repairs, make changes to the way we do things, but since we're equals I need his OK on every change I make as it affects us both. On top of that, he's stuck doing things inefficiently from the site he was at before this one, and is very stubborn about making any changes.
I've voiced concerns to my supervisor that the tardiness (which I believe is the root of most of the problems I have with him) has been going on since September of last year, but he has done nothing aside from a write up (which was more of a slap on the wrist). It was all very casual. Since we don't clock in or clock out, the only way he's held accountable for it is by me "tattling" to my boss at head office.
The worst part of all this is that he is my friend outside of work. I've known B for 5 years and I've lost all respect I had for him, and it makes it all the more difficult to deal with this situation. I've asked him if I can do anything to help him, but B always changes the subject.
I'm not sure what else to do. It's making my job a living hell. Work is bleeding into my personal life and I'm stressing out so hard about it. B is turning an otherwise rewarding and good job into a nightmare and I feel trapped because no one seems to want to do anything about it.
I'm just lost at the moment, and wanted to see if anyone else had been through a similar situation and if anyone had advice on how to deal with it. I really don't want to leave this job because of B, but it's seeming like a better and better option every day.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: