My boss will assign me an intern to coach and train from the ground up next week without even asking me and I don't want to do this... what can I do?

I work on a 4 people team. Two of them (the lead included) work remotely. Our PM will add an intern next week to our team, and has decided I'll be the one coaching him.

I'm not the best choice for the job but I'm the only one with the skills and on-location to do it. My problem is: I don't want to do it.......

I'm a software engineer, I support coworkers if needed, but I'm being asked to bring this guy (the intern) up from virtually nothing. This will take time out of my own job (which I'll have to start passing onto others), and this is not what I want to be doing for the next 6 months...

Our team is about to get hit by a storm of new projects for 2019, and instead of focusing on producing, sharpening my skills set, practicing and learning, I have to coach the new intern so that he can one day join our team and produce.

I have nothing against the intern, let it be clear. I just don't want to be the one who does it. It's not my fault that my other two teammates work remotely so they can't do it, that doesn't mean I have to be the one to be sacrificed...

I worked for a long time on both legacy projects and cutting edge projects. In the last few months I managed to re-assign all the legacy stuff and now that I can finally focus on the best work full time, I get assigned an intern?

We are a small company (20 people), and the person assigning me the intern is one of the partner/owners. He doesn't fancy me doing the teaching (he knows I don't like it), but I guess he doesn't have many options.

How do I deal with this? What would you do in my position? And please I'm not interested in "looking at the positive side" of teaching, already done it, not for me.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

My boss will assign me an intern to coach and train from the ground up next week without even asking me and I don't want to do this... what can I do? My boss will assign me an intern to coach and train from the ground up next week without even asking me and I don't want to do this... what can I do? Reviewed by Louhi on février 22, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.