Jobs for people with vocal disorders / people who are unable to speak?

I am looking for some suggestions / ideas about what to do now... So here’s some context:

During the first week of September of 2018, I got a cold and lost my voice. I thought it was simple laryngitis and that my voice would come back. Well, we’re now in February - and I have never regained the use of my voice. While I am working with several specialists to determine what caused this issue, the tentative and collective opinion at this time is that I may never fully regain the use of my voice.

Currently, I work for a third-pasty administration company as a claims adjuster. This job requires strong verbal communication skills because a lot of the job centers around speaking to various people over the phone, which I am now unable to do.

Over the last few months, my employer has been having people around me pick up the slack and make calls / return calls for me. And while at first this was an effective solution, now that we are nearly 6 months deep into this workaround, my co-workers are starting to get frustrated, and as a result I’m falling behind in my work because I can’t make the calls I need to execute my job efficiently. And I can’t blame my co-workers for feeling this way, they all have their own mountain of work every day without having to add extra work from me.

I have gone to my manager several times during this process, and I’ve asked her to consider finding me a new role within our company (as we are a fairly large company), but she has declined. She is of the opinion that what we are doing could be a permanent solution, and I think she is being naive. Not only is it causing me to fall behind, but it is also putting a lot of mental strain on me because I feel guilty about not being able to do the job I was hired for. I have asked a colleague in HR how to handle this, and she told me that I would have to have my current managers recommendation in order to move in the company. But even if she did give the okay, she isn’t even sure if they could find a place for me if I can’t communicate properly.

As such, I’ve decided to start looking for new opportunities outside of my company. But, I don’t even know where to begin. I can’t think of a job that I could do where speaking wouldn’t be required. And I was hoping that this community could help me think outside of the box and help me to find a new job that I could be successful at, despite my inability to use verbal communication.

As far as my qualifications: I have a Bachelor’s in English, I have several years in customer service / retail management, and I am now a licensed adjuster in two states.

TL;DR - I am looking for a job that doesn’t require strong verbal skills as I have been diagnosed with a vocal disorder, and my current job requires a strong verbal communication skills. Not sure where to begin.

Thank you for any ideas you all have in advanced!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Jobs for people with vocal disorders / people who are unable to speak? Jobs for people with vocal disorders / people who are unable to speak? Reviewed by Louhi on février 24, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.