Job salary negotiations?

Hello,

I had a job interview yesterday and it went really well. (Maybe Valentines Day?) So I did not hear whether or not a job offer is availiable from them, but want to briefly get ready and have an idea.

So looking up many of job negotiations advice, it seemed that whoever says the number is likely to lose the edge. I get it and in fact, during my phone screen interview, the HR lady asked me salary expectation, and all I said was I am looking for fair offer with competitive compensation, but definitely open to negotiation, and basically repeated it again when she brought this salary expectation, at which point she just throw the salary range, which was between 60K to 70K.

While I was already aware of that salary range (60K to 70K) based on glassdoor research before talking on this phone screen interview, I did not say and pretend I did not know anything except very general statement such as competitive compensation and openness for negotiation.

The problem i am seeing now is I would gladly take the 60K....

So my question is how I can justify why I am worth of 65K?

Initially, to justify 65K, I was gonna justify living cost differential, but when I looked up the living cost, which was surprisingly less expensive than where I am living (Midwestern College town), compared to the city I would need to move, which is a big metropolitan area in Midwest. So this justification can not be valid if HR looks up some smartasset or nerdwallet living expense calculator.

Then the justification should get into my qualification. Although I do have an advanced degree than what the job posting requires, will this be a good justification to bid a higher salary? I am too afraid to think that HR and hiring manager would rescind a job offer, saying that is exactly why we should even consider to hire someone with a higher qualification than a job posting would be. Apparently, I don't think myself having better knowledge in my field just because I have finished some graduate school course, but will this justification be valid? If so, how much could it be valid?

Or what other justification to use to bid a higher salary?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Job salary negotiations? Job salary negotiations? Reviewed by Louhi on février 16, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.