Is this micromanagement?

So I just started a new job a couple of weeks ago, and I'm already about to quit. It's at a call center, they have a whole team that reviews calls and they review 6 per month for every worker. Each call is scored, and below perfect is a failing grade.

Then you have weekly one on ones with your boss. (Aren't those usually monthly at the most?) Then you have quarterly reviews on your performance plan.

On top of that, they don't give a guaranteed raise each year, they have a system they call "merit raises". The other day they sent out an e-mail to the employees about it. I didn't get the chance to read it yet, but it was a lengthy e-mail, probably two pages. That's a red flag that they're writing a long explanation for why raises were shitty or non existent this year despite company growth.

I already had a feeling that they were having a turnover problem based on some things they said in the interview. They basically said they want long term people, then they have been sort of reiterating that during the training. Saying stuff like "we don't want you to leave right away" But I shrugged it off, thinking, it's a call center of course they have higher turnover.

Now I understand why they can't keep enough people, they're paying so low and micromanaging the shit out of people. Get real, you're paying $16 an hour in a place where that barely pays rent for a room in a house with roomies. People can find a job selling magazine subscriptions in a call center where they can smoke weed before work and never have any reviews for 13 or 14. You're not paying enough to warrant that kind of stress. I've already got one foot out the door after 3 weeks.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Is this micromanagement? Is this micromanagement? Reviewed by Louhi on février 16, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.