Currently I make 65k in a position I am extremely under-qualified for. When I was interviewing they said in 8-12 months I will be in a new role. By the looks of it that won't happen for 2 years and I'm not willing to stagnate that long. So I applied to other jobs and got an offer for 90k. Both positions are work I'd enjoy, the 65 is more flexible, and the 90 is much more fixed in terms of the day to day responsibilities.
I would be an absolute fool to walk away from a 38% increase in pay so I have to take the 90k position.
The main reason I started looking is because I wanted more challenge and more compensation. I offered many ways that I could get the challenge without the compensation at my current position but it never happened, and I was penalized when I tried to make it happen myself.
How do I leave a good impression behind for potentially getting a good reference in the future? I have led every project my team has worked on and had way more experience and knowledge than was expected. I completed 2 major projects that I came up with, that solved problems my managers didn't even know would become a problem. I would say I have KICKED ASS.
What do I tell them when I put in my notice? I have max 5 weeks before starting the new position. I want to take a week to think this over just so I don't have buyers remorse and I want to take a week vacation before starting the new position. That still leaves me with 2-3 weeks where I can pass the torch.
The idea with the position was that it was a training program and I'm worried I will look really bad if I leave early. Also I made some friendships with very long term employees, should I be open and honest about my decision once the word goes around? I really enjoy this company, their industry, and I would really excel here but they will not see my value and won't compensate me for it.
I interned here 3 years ago and they were supposed to bring me onto the serious position with serious compensation buy they backed out. They tried getting me back as an intern after graduation but I was not interested in chump change when I could be holding a real position. I applied there consistently but they passed on me for every serious position and put me in this shitty role. Now everyone else in the company automatically assumes I have less competence and experience than I do and it's so extremely frustrating. I seriously couldn't handle it and that's why I looked for something to challenge me more.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: