I told my boss I felt sexually harassed and she laughed it off. I want to leave immediately, but I feel guilty.

I’m (23M) the head barista for a small cafe. I’ve complained to the owner multiple times about the head cook (37M) for about a year now. I’ve put up with a lot because we can’t find anyone to replace him, so we’ve just been stuck with him. I have even been told to be nice to him to avoid conflict while we find his replacement. His typical offense is telling me in graphic detail stories of sexual encounters he is having with his current girlfriend. I’ve told the owner about pretty much everything as it has happened.

Today, he was proudly showing a few of us pictures of bruises and hickeys he obtained on Valentine’s Day. I told him immediately to stop, called him gross and walked out of the kitchen as he laughed. He brought it up multiple times during the day and I just kept telling him to leave me alone. This may not seem like a big deal. I’m an assault survivor, and I was really shaken up by it. I don’t really know how else to explain it.

I told my boss after he had left. I did it in front of my coworkers on purpose to make sure I had proof that I brought it up. When I told her what he had been up to all day, she immediately asked me if my female coworker had been bothered by him today. I told her no, it was mostly just me and a few of the other guys. She laughed it off and said something like “well thank god!”

I don’t want to work there anymore. It’s President’s Weekend and leaving would be detrimental to the business, but I’ve been sacrificing a lot for the better of the business. I really just need any kind of advice before I go in tomorrow.

TL;DR: Told my boss I felt sexually harassed by another coworker and she laughed it off and I don’t feel safe working there anymore.

EDIT: I was assaulted in college in a way that was reminiscent of the stuff my coworker was telling/showing me. My wording was a little strange.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I told my boss I felt sexually harassed and she laughed it off. I want to leave immediately, but I feel guilty. I told my boss I felt sexually harassed and she laughed it off. I want to leave immediately, but I feel guilty. Reviewed by Louhi on février 16, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.