Hi all, obligatory this is a throwaway account announcement!
I have been working as a freelancer for almost 2 years with a local company. I have no official contract with the company and get paid hourly, and have to pay self employment taxes. I have never intended to stay with this job after I graduate from college, because it's a very small business, and there's no more room for me to grow.
I've been applying for positions for months, mostly out-of-state. One job I applied for on the opposite side of the state, and they somehow know my boss, and contacted them for a reference. My boss texted me and was upset that I was applying for jobs. I tried explaining to her that I'm lining up a full time job with benefits for after graduation. My boss brings up that I gave her a verbal commitment (8 months ago) that I would stay until the end of August with the company. I let her know that I can keep that commitment for events only (weekends) and not necessarily weekdays (which would influence office time). I only made the commitment because my current lease is until the end of August. Boss doesn't send me a recommendation and we don't talk about the interaction again.
It make me very uncomfortable to chat about my future job prospects with my current boss. I really don't think it's their right to be asking me to divulge that information. I'd fully intend on giving at least a 2-week notice and help train a replacement before I took on a full-time position elsewhere. I think that's all she really needs to know. I know they want to keep me on because the business may fall apart without any employees to support the boss. But this is really not my responsibility and I don't feel empathy for my boss, because I've suggested more than once that they should hire additional support.
I didn't tell my boss that I was looking for other jobs and she got upset when someone reached out for a referral. So I figured I'd take a different route, and be more open with her about jobs. I scheduled an in-person interview (following 2 phone calls) at a business that we have collaborated with. It's for a full time position with health benefits. Not out of state like I'd hoped, but it could be a great opportunity. So, I let my boss know i'm interviewing with them, and the position is Mon-Thur during the day. This would change my availability for the office, but I could still commit to Friday's and Saturday's - very busy days for the business. My boss became very agitated and was slamming things around their desk, repeating that "this will change everything" etc. I was a bit freaked out by how possessive they were acting, and my hands started shaking. I just said I want to be transparent with you and I hope you understand, and I went back to my desk.
A few hours later when I'm home, my boss texted me and said we should have a talk about what I need to stay full-time before I "dash away" to a position with the other business. I know my boss cant offer me a traditional full time position, making double the hourly I do now, and providing health benefits. They don't even have health insurance for themself, and I know exactly what their yearly revenue is. I'd need more than half their revenue to make it by after graduation (I'm currently on financial aid, and the job is to help make ends meet as it is). Regardless of the finances, I don't know how to explain to her that my departure is inevitable.
TL;DR I need to explain to my boss that I'm leaving the company in a few months, without fucking up the job I currently have.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: