How Should I Handle These Two Time Sensitive Job Offers?

Going through a bit of a dilemma here. I've been interviewing for a job in the insurance field. There are a small number of companies in this industry (Geico, Allstate, Progressive, etc.). I applied to two that I'm interested in and one called me in for an interview and subsequently offered me the job. They give you a week to accept. The next day I had a phone interview with the second job that went well, they asked and I told them about the job offer I have, and they said they'd get back to me after the weekend.

So I was told I'd receive a call on Monday. By 3PM and no call, I decided to call the recruiter myself and she said I'd get an update today before 6. I was expecting an expierence similar to the first job where I'd get a call or e-mail asking to schedule the interview. That way I could schedule it for the next day and still have time to weigh both offers.

This company however sent me an email a couple of hours later with their decision to move forward with my application and begin the background check. Apparently this company has you initiate a background check first. I tried to call the recruiter a few times but only got her voicemail. Now there is one day left before the deadline so I don't think there will be enough time.

If I had the choice, I would be ecstatic with the 2nd job.They offer more money, more room for growth but I would still be pretty happy with the first and don't want to risk being left with neither if that one expires.

It seems the hiring process for the 2nd job takes a bit of time before they make you an offer. What do I do here? Do I just take the first job and play it safe ("a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush")? Can I accept the first job, continue with the second job process and if accepted to the 2nd, rebuff my commitment to the 1st? There are only a few players in this industry and i don't want to burn any bridges.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How Should I Handle These Two Time Sensitive Job Offers? How Should I Handle These Two Time Sensitive Job Offers? Reviewed by Louhi on février 19, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.