How long is too long to reply to a job offer?

Today, I got a job offer from a company I applied to weeks ago (Let's call this "Company A")! This is so exciting, but I'm having an internal issue. I have a guaranteed job offer from another company--called "Company B"--that I used to work for, but I am waiting for the background check to clear.

Here's the problem: I needed a job...like yesterday.

I lost my job a couple of months ago and have been actively looking for a job since. I have bills due in the beginning of March, so I'm trying to get something as quickly as possible. I want to mention that I am also looking for an overnight shift that will help supplement this impending debt I will incur if I can't pay my bills in time. The overnight shift will have some deciding factor. I am weighing the pros and cons of both companies before I make a final decision to accept/decline Company A's offer. My question is how long is too long to reply to a job offer? I'll put more background information below for context purposes, but you're more than welcome to skip it.

Background information:

Company A's position is a blue-collar seasonal/temporary distribution job. I am excited about this because this is an industry that I have been wanting to work in, but have difficulty because of my lack of experience (I only have experience in office positions, and I have been trying to diversify my resume). They are willing to teach me some skills (forklift and other machinery) that I can use to further advance in this industry.

Company A's information:

  • Hours: 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM
  • $13.45 an hour (with a chance of increased pay)
  • I can work 40 hours a week, in addition to working overtime
  • 2.8 miles from home

Company B's position is a part-time, white-collar higher education job. It is in the same department I used to work in so I am very familiar with the responsibilities and the work culture there. The only thing I need is a slight refresher since their policies change from time-to-time.

Company B's information:

  • Hours: varies depending on the day;
    • Mon, Weds: 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM
    • Tues, Thurs: 11 AM to 3: 30 PM
    • Fri: 12 PM to 4: 30 PM
    • Weekends OFF
  • $11.54 an hour (no chance of increased pay)
  • I can work no more than 19.5 a week
  • 26.9 miles from home

PROS AND CONS

Company A PROS Company A CONS Company B PROS COMPANY B CONS
Pays more Time may conflict with overnight position, depending on traveling time Will not conflict with overnight position Pays less
Paycheck every 2 week This is a seasonal position; can be let go at any time Weekends off Paycheck every month; first paycheck will be delayed by a month
2.8 miles from home Days off vary Stable income 26.9 miles from home
Possible benefits (unsure) Can be very laborious Free food, at least once a month No benefits whatsoever
Opportunities to work overtime Less work/life balance More work/life balance Part-time work; 19.5 a week at most
Fast-paced No downtime A chance to work on hobbies at job Boring/slow: a lot of down time
Opportunity to learn new skill sets A lot of liability with machinery Good relations with current employees there Supervisor wants a 2 year commitment
Active job; will be able to move around Unfamiliar with work culture Familiar with work culture/environment. Little training needed Sedentary job; This is a call center position, so I can't move around much
Less mental strain Uncontrolled indoor climate controlled indoor climate No chance at increased pay

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How long is too long to reply to a job offer? How long is too long to reply to a job offer? Reviewed by Louhi on février 23, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.