Background: 35M, USA, non-Engineer (so forever a second class citizen) with MBA from top school, working in low level IT management at an Oil & Gas major. Low-$100k base pay with a nice pension I'd value at 15-20k on top of base if I continued working here until retirement.
My employer is notorious for having a culture of hyper competitive, backstabbing, arrogant, but highly competent employees.
I've spent my entire working life at this company, with decent progression and great pay, but the environment is starting to wear on me. My boss is a textbook example of a "high performing jerk" who has no business supervising people.
There has been a substantial "millenial exodus" in the last few years including several people I know. Every one of them I've talked to has been happy with their decision to leave, and I don't think money was the #1 factor in their decisions. Most older folks still around are either top managers or bottom of the barrel people hanging around until they hit retirement age.
I'm actively interviewing with a few places, but research on glassdoor indicates I'd most likely take a smallish (5-10%) cut as a best case scenario, not to mention the possibility of fewer long term prospects. Can anyone share their experiences leaving a well paying but unsatisfying job?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: