Four Months of Hard Unemployment and Now I Have to Choose Between Two Offers.

So...part time security guard with VERY variable hours or a full time sucky factory job that's lucrative by comparison?

Factory: Factories are hard on people, and they'll restrict the crap out of their employees. In fact, the employees are more like "workers" from what I've seen.

I've been at this company before, but in a different occupation that still works closely with the Assemblers (role I'm looking at now). It's hard for them to use the restroom without finding someone to cover them, and they have to clock out if they leave the building for lunch. My department would get one 15-minute break early in the day, then a 30-minute lunch. That means no break in the second half of the workday, and the workday was typically 10 hours. There's also that anxiety-inducing morning ergonomics routine they have to do (anxiety inducing because you never know if you'll be picked to lead it) and tbh the leaders I worked with weren't intelligent people at all. If their level of intelligence obscured my work, I have no idea what the people on the assembly line are dealing with. They look like they just do the same thing all day long, though, and just can't do work if the line stops up.

I've seen my paychecks from working with them and tbh it's heaven. I was rolling in money and i loved numbers enough to have two week's worth of paychecks left over by the time I quit. That's probably not very impressive, but I only worked there for under two months, less than 8 weeks, and one week we weren't paid for days we had to miss because of a natural disaster.

The pay is especially convenient because I have a goal that I'd like to meet quickly, which is clearing myself of as much debt as I can (I have $7k standing over my shoulder) before the summer. I don't have rent to pay, but I buy groceries and household things, and I now have a car to maintain.

I should mention that I've only been invited to attend the open interviews for this factory job, but in my experience, these "interviews" have been orientation and a drug test. The hours are long, of course, and most weeks I'd work no less than 48 hours beside the others. A regular week was 56.

I think that picking the wrong shift contributed heavily to my unhappiness during the role. The sun is important to me, so my mental health suffers if I can't be exposed to it (place has no windows except for in the break room and lobby) and I'm not even effective in the morning, I found out. Being a night owl isn't something I can really grow/force myself out of. I'm just now finding out that it's okay to operate this way. Not being made to operate during the right block of time just made all of the minor (but frequent) inconveniences into more unbearable problems.

Security: I don't know much about the security role besides it being variable in its hours. It pays $1 more per hour than the factory job, and there are a lot of hours available according to my interviewer and the manager. However, there's no way of knowing what sorts of hours I'll really end up with until I do it. The interviewer did mention that I can have as little as 8 or 16 hours some weeks. I do know that it's supposed to be more mentally challenging than the factory role, which i might enjoy, and from what I've seen, most of the guard stations are exposed to natural light. I've been offered the job and my training starts later this week.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Four Months of Hard Unemployment and Now I Have to Choose Between Two Offers. Four Months of Hard Unemployment and Now I Have to Choose Between Two Offers. Reviewed by Louhi on février 19, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.