Don't be afraid to give your honest opinion in interviews. It can make you stand out more than other people who suck up

I recently finished my first week at a new job. I was interviewed the previous Thursday. At the end of the interview, I was offered the job without even being asked for references or a second interview, something very common for the type of job I was applying for.

Today, the general manager called a meeting with about 14 various staff from admin assistant to department managers. He was looking for ideas on something he wanted to overhaul. He was seeking input from anyone who has knowledge of the desired change or could be affected by it. It was a very productive meeting, and everyone there contributed something useful.

Leaders like this truly value people that can speak their mind. While reflecting on my interview after today's meeting, I think I know when he decided to hire me. Near the end, he was asking me what I knew about the company, if I had checked out there website, and what I thought of it. I told him in polite terms but no minced words that I thought the site was awful and needed a rehaul. It looked like something from about 2006-2008. It had terrible design and SEO, no use of social media, and the content could be written in a way that would create more value per view. Other than that one answer, it was a pretty standard accounting interview.

I thought I nailed the rest, but that's uncommon for positions like this. It's usually just enough to get you on a shortlist with several other candidates who gave just as good answers, or maybe even better. Certainly not to be offered the job instantly like that.

I know earlier in my career, I would have brown nosed, giving answers about how I like what the company is doing, agree with their values etc. I would have been too scared to offer blunt criticism to someone who decided if I get the job or not.

Disclaimer: My advice, just like any is not universal. It is just my experience and may or may not apply in different types of jobs, companies, and hiring managers. If you are desperate for a job and get the sense they don't want to hear it, and it is how it is, maybe keep your mouth shut.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Don't be afraid to give your honest opinion in interviews. It can make you stand out more than other people who suck up Don't be afraid to give your honest opinion in interviews. It can make you stand out more than other people who suck up Reviewed by Louhi on février 16, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.