2nd interview over the phone?

Hello,

I recently applied for a position to work as a Regional Representative at my senators office and was given the opportunity to interview in person about 3 weeks ago. I live in a fairly small city and sent my resume to a contact that was given to me by the person in the same position for our other state Senator. A coworker of mine (there are only 4 people who work in my office) also interviewed for the position.

Last week we were both sent the same email saying that their chief of staff was “trying to nail down time” to proceed with a second interview. Today, they scheduled me for a phone interview at 2:00pm on Thursday. They scheduled my coworker for a phone interview at 2:30pm on the same day.

The first interview was in person and I felt really positive about the interview and was nervous I didn’t hear back from them initially. Additionally, the person who gave me the contact to send my resume told me the position (I know there’s only one open) has already been filled.

I’m so confused. I have a feeling they may have filled the position, but don’t understand why they would proceed with a 30 minute long interview Ofer the phone. This interview will be with the chief of staff and the person who will directly oversee my work at the regional office. Has anyone had a phone interview after an in person interview?

I also feel a little weird knowing that my co-worker will be interview over the phone immediately after me. I feel like a 30 minute conference call really doesn’t allow me to sell myself the way I would like to.

Anybody have any experience with this? Or have any personal tips for nailing an interview over the phone? I’d also be interested in getting input from people that are hiring managers that could explain why they would do a 30 minute phone interview after an in person one (besides the fact that I think it’s partially because the chief of staff would be unable to interview in person).

Thanks in advance!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

2nd interview over the phone? 2nd interview over the phone? Reviewed by Louhi on février 20, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.