Not allowed to take time off work for an interview (or anything else...)

My job right now is really intense. It's a failing, horribly in the red project. We are reminded constantly that this is "not a 9-5 type job" and everyone must be in the office every week, even though people are coming from basically all over the country. Our time off has been extremely limited. No one was allowed to take any training last year and people were regularly asked to cancel their time off. The only leeway is that you are occasionally allowed to work from home for a single day if you have an appointment or other family emergency.

I have taken 1 week off (plus two days for a funeral) since August 2017. An announcement was made around Thanksgiving that everyone should plan to take any time off in the several weeks around Christmas and then not plan to take any additional time until August of this year. I already had my one week of vacation scheduled for November, so I took it. I am a contractor and when I returned, my manager told me that he had spoke to the team lead and got the impression that I was likely no longer going to be considered long term - it was supposed to be a 5+ year position. He had no idea why, since I am extremely highly regarded by everyone on the team, except that the lead seemed upset that I'd taken my PTO.

SO. With all that, I am looking for new employment. I am not tied to my current location so I am looking all over the country to increase my odds of finding something. My concern is that I will not actually be able to do any interviews without endangering my current position. When I tried to look up advice, most sites seem to assume that the interview is local. I believe I could maybe work from home a few days here and there for phone/skype interviews, but I definitely won't be able to take time off for on location interviews. I considered waiting until I had enough saved to be able to quit, but considering my last job search took 11 months, this doesn't seem like a safe bet anytime soon.

Any advice? How much should I expect employers to accommodate this?

TLDR: I can't take time off, but I am looking for jobs out of town. How do I handle interviews?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Not allowed to take time off work for an interview (or anything else...) Not allowed to take time off work for an interview (or anything else...) Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 26, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.