Immediate boss is a dick - should I ask to be moved or suck it up?

I have been at my in-house paralegal position for almost a year now, and the attorney that I am assigned to work with treats me like his personal assistant rather than a coworker/teammate. He is the most Type A attorney in the company and constantly micromanages me and talks to me like im some kind of idiot. He asks me to provide a daily to-do list in order of priority every morning, and makes me feel like scum whenever I make mistakes. In the beginning, I internalized it but he was away on paternity leave and took some long vacations thay made me realize that the rest of my team does not operate like he does. He used to want to proofread my emails and then gets mad at me for not sending them out in a timely fashion when sometimes they just sit in his queue for days. He asks me about status on things, which I am happy to give but I dont have all the answers at the tips of my fingers - I have to revisit what i am working on but hates it when I dont know. I really like my company and being a real estate paralegal but I spend so much time worried that the formatting and process are adhered the way he likes them to be that I just cant get everything done. I feel like I am walking on egg shells always. He has control issues and snaps at me when I take on work from other attorneys, even when I have the bandwidth.

Is it appropriate to bring these issues up with my director now that I am a year into this company? I am also only a year into being an RE paralegal. Admittedly, I still have a lot to learn but it doesn't have to be at the expense of my self worth. I really want a chance to work with a different attorney and my director assured me that teams would be rotated but provided no timeline and now we are gearing up for a big project but I dont want to be stuck with a dictator for the next 6 months.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Immediate boss is a dick - should I ask to be moved or suck it up? Immediate boss is a dick - should I ask to be moved or suck it up? Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 04, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.