Starting career at big company vs small? (software dev)

I have 2 offers, one from a very large non-tech company, and the other at a local startup.

My offer at the big company has a 25k higher salary in a medium CoL area, and the company has a pretty comprehensive training program in a lot of different aspects of software development and I.T. I'd be doing mostly back-end Java development there but it seems like there's dozens of things I'll be learning along the way. The big con here is that I'll have to relocate across the country, and I've had a tough last couple of months due to some personal issues (check my post history if you're curious) and am finding myself very very nervous about moving.

The smaller company has fairly low pay for software development (54k), but it's in a low CoL area. It's also a fairly specialized position in front-end development, and I likely won't be able to do much else for the foreseeable future (though the interviewer said it's a good possibility if I do well). The big pro for me is that it's local, and I can be close to family.

So it's a hell of a choice for me to make. I feel like working at the big company would be way better for my career, but is that just an assumption on my part? Any experiences or insights?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Starting career at big company vs small? (software dev) Starting career at big company vs small? (software dev) Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 20, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.