Should I Change Jobs?

I’m 22 and graduated from college about a year ago with a major in Corporate Finance & Accounting. I had a lot of trouble finding a job so after 3 months, I took the first job offer I received. TLDR at the end.

It ended up being a risk and fraud analyst at a startup only 8 miles from my house. I’ve been working here since February and it’s honestly a fantastic job. It’s a short commute, they pay well, have flexible hours (work from 7-3:30), and I’m on good terms with all my coworkers and bosses. They even pay for my lunch. We’re growing so fast that we’re keeping holiday advertising to a minimum and I’m good at my job, so I know I’ll have job security here.

My issue is that the work here is extremely boring and requires very little brainpower. I try to pass it by easier by listening to podcasts, which helps a bit.

Additionally, I finish all of my work by 10:30 or 11, which means that for the rest of the day I sit around and do nothing. I ask for more work from my coworkers or my bosses, but they just don’t have anything. While that might sound amazing, it gets really boring after a while.

There also isn’t very much room for advancement and my company is niche enough that my work skills don’t translate well to other jobs. We have a big update to our app coming out next year, which should create a lot more work, but probably won’t be work I’m interested in.

I THINK I like the idea of P&L forecasting and financial modeling and analysis, and ROI, but as this is my first job I’ve never had professional experience with it. I’ve been inquiring about moving to a finance position within the company, but none have opened up yet.

I’m no fool, I know that I have a really good job situation right now, and that if I switch and become a financial analyst, most likely my pay would be a lot lower at the start. I also might not have flexible hours, which are important to me because I go to the gym directly after work before it gets crowded. But it might be work I’m interested in doing and has room for advancement.

TLDR; Should I stay in my great job with work I dislike, or should I start searching for a job with work I THINK, but don’t know if I’ll like, but will probably have lower pay and fewer benefits?

I appreciate any and all opinions!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I Change Jobs? Should I Change Jobs? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 29, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.