Want to get out of this cycle of underemployment

I’m your typical millennial recent college grad story. Graduated with a BS degree in business management in 2017. Applied like crazy to about 150 or so jobs until I landed my first job out of college; a sales job. Did that for about a year and a half before the stress finally got to me and I quit. I’ve been underemployed since doing the following: serving and barista work. I even tried hospitality. I had to quit every job for one reason or the other, namely sexual harassment, awful and incredibly disorganised working conditions, and extreme exhaustion.

So now I’m stuck looking for work again. My ideal job would be in an analyst or project management position. Perhaps even social media coordination (even though I don’t have any accounts myself). I’ve been casually trying to find meaningful work like this for the past 4 months; nothing has come up. Now I’m on hyper-drive playing catch up and have started mass-applying to anything remotely related to my degree, that I think I’d enjoy and be able to do, since yesterday. I have some familial connections which I’m hoping will help me out, but we’ll see.

Some more facts about me:
-I’m bilingual in Arabic
-I’m a great and articulate writer and very well-spoken (or so I’ve been told). I do love writing and speaking, and I am a people-person.
-I love managing/leading teams and coordinating projects which I had experience doing in college
-I live in Washington, DC

I keep hearing how my area is great for jobs, but I dunno, it seems all my friends from college are underemployed. Does anyone have any tips on how I can make myself more employable? It is very necessary to tailor every single cover letter, or to even include one if not asked? Does mass-applying to jobs work better than tailoring each application?

I just KNOW that there’s a perfect (or at least decent) job out there that’ll work well with my skills and passions. Especially my love of writing, of being around people, managing them, helping and coaching them, and hearing their stories. I’m just not sure what that job is.

I’d appreciate any advice into my situation...thanks so much in advance.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Want to get out of this cycle of underemployment Want to get out of this cycle of underemployment Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 29, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.