Manager is giving me work to do thats not related to my specific field. How do I let him know that I am not interested without sounding rude?

Hi guys,

I am a student who recently started an internship in a massive engineering firm in the US. They are global and hire all sorts of engineers, civil mechanical electrical etc. I was put in the transport team and I study civil engineering at uni. They hired a lot of students for internships this summer across different teams.

When I first met one of the managers in the transport team on the first day of the job we had a discussion and he mentioned that its important for undergraduates to try and find what type of work they like and dont like through experience. Anyways fast forward 1-2 days later and he asked me if I would be interested in doing some research and writing some reports for him on technology based stuff regarding roads, things like automatic hazard detection on roads, etc. This is technology based engineering work and has nothing to do with civil engineering.

Ofcourse I did not want to be rude or say no because I just met him and as a student I want to make a good impression, and I thought that I would do that type of work only that time. Anyways it now seems like this is the type of stuff I will be continuing with as he is my direct manager and he said he has more work for me next week, im not sure exactly what work but lets assume its still technology related, how do I go about letting him know that I am interested in civil engineering work, things like road pavement design or road widening projects, etc, after all my uni course is civil engineering, without sounding rude or anything like that. Because if I continue with this technology stuff throughout the whole internship, the experience will be useless as im not interested in it.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Manager is giving me work to do thats not related to my specific field. How do I let him know that I am not interested without sounding rude? Manager is giving me work to do thats not related to my specific field. How do I let him know that I am not interested without sounding rude? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 24, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.