How to spin getting fired for a social media post?

So, I was fired earlier this month for a social media post I made. I was working investment banking, and much of my day was spent just entering data in excel. I posted on Twitter, jokingly, “I think a monkey could do this job better than me” during lunch one frustrating day.

Someone within my department was apparently offended in some way by this and turned it into a supervisor, who was also offended. I was terminated that day.

Personally, and I’m biased, but I don’t think it’s a fireable offense, as it was obviously a joke... I have never mentioned my employer on Twitter, so it was a generic statement that likely nobody would have any idea about. My boss stated “We dont take kindly to this type of slander about the job. You are paid handsomely for your time, so we have decided to terminate you immediately” at a meeting with HR later that day.

I was paid very fairly - about $125,000 was my yearly target and I’m only 24. It’s hard to find employment paying that well at this age, as the firms are few and far between willing to risk that amount in a low cost of living metro like mine. I’ve been to three interviews who asked why I was fired. I always have responded simply “for a social media post” to which they always inquire what it said and I have always told them exactly what my tweet said. None of them selected to move forward with me. How can I spin this to avoid being instantly rejected in the future? I know I’ll have to tell every employer why I was fired and they’ll always ask what the post said. I feel like I’m almost waiting for some good-ole-boy hiring manager that couldn’t give a shit to just pass me along.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to spin getting fired for a social media post? How to spin getting fired for a social media post? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 30, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.