I am having trouble meshing with my co-workers

I just want to give some context/background first.

I am 28 years old and work at a major pharmaceutical company (corporate America type role). I got hired in this role 5 months ago after doing a two year fellowship with a different team but for the same company. So in total I have about 5 month work experience but have had a very valuable experience in my fellowship which on paper is 2 years but I feel it gave me much more in terms of the depth and breadth of experiences I have had.

I am having a lot of trouble meshing with my current co-workers and have received no feedback in terms of my performance thus far.

The company has gone through radical personnel changes in the short time I have been in this role and my team has been growing rapidly with new hires each week.

I was originally recruited in a manager role after my fellowship ended, the department I got hired in dissolved, however, one month into the job. There were two other people in the department, one left the company and the other (who I reported directly to) moved into a new department along with me.

We both started in a new team and were reporting to the same boss even though she was a director and I was a manager. Things got confusing for a month or so and now I am back reporting to the same director as when I first started.

Through all these changes, I have not had an opportunity for any professional development and have not received any feedback on my performance as my roles/responsibilities changed each time there was a shift. I was kind of just doing things to keep busy (the work was important but there was no clear direction or continuity).

More importantly, there is a huge disconnect with me and the rest of the team members, most of whom are recent hires. Everybody is very experienced (10+ and some 20+ years in industry) and much older than me (usually everyone I interact with is usually 40+ years and are either a director, Lead, VP, head etc. and nobody else is at a manager level).

The biggest challenge I face is nobody takes me seriously, I can suggest something during team meetings but either they gloss over it or sometimes even just ignore it. Someone else suggests the exact same thing I do in a slightly different manner and they react in a positive way (not always the case but sometimes). It’s hard to say, if delivery is something I need to work on or if it’s just my age/lack of experience. I speak with coherence and conviction. I am not shy by any means but am not disruptive to meetings either. It just something that makes me feel like I am not contributing enough even though I understand what is going on during the meetings and never suggest anything completely irrelevant to the conversation/topic. Sometimes even good suggestions fall on deaf ears and someone else (more experienced) repeats the same thing and they get the credit.

Has anyone been in these situations? This is very frustrating because professional satisfaction is very important to me and my current situation has started to make me a bit concerned. It’s never been hostile or anything and most of the team members do like me and vice versa but what can I do to make them take me more seriously? Do I just suck it up for now and with time as they get more comfortable with me, these things will subside?

Appreciate any similar experiences and resolutions or general suggestions for my situation.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I am having trouble meshing with my co-workers I am having trouble meshing with my co-workers Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 30, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.