How do I tell my boss I might need to look for a new company?

Hello,

Not sure if the subject is titled the best. I'll do my best to explain the situation.

A little background info. (idk if it's necessary but just in-case)

I make $12 per hour currently

I'm 22 and a part time student while working full-time.

For personal reasons I've had to move, and my commute is now a little over an hour.

I've been working with the same company for about 5 years, without a raise. I should have brought it to their attention sooner but this is my first real job, and I just wasn't sure how to go about it. Nevertheless, I ended up asking for a raise and explaining my financial situation (which is not great). My boss says he's aware that I haven't had a raise and that $12 for what I do is too little. He then proceeds to say it's out of his control, and then tells me about how the higher ups are talking about moving me and two others in my branch to a salary position.

My boss hasn't been able to give me any information on when I could get a raise or when this salary thing is going to happen. Which really could take anywhere from months to a year I would guess, if it happens at all. They have the tendency to say things are going to happen and then nothing ever changes. This specific conversation has been going on and off for the last month.

I've been offered a position closer to where I live for $14 an hour. Do I tell this to my boss in hopes that he counter offers? How do I even go about that? Or do I just say fuck it and take that position and put in my two weeks with this place?

I hope this makes sense. Obviously ask questions as needed.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How do I tell my boss I might need to look for a new company? How do I tell my boss I might need to look for a new company? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 29, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.