Hourly versus Salary with Commission?

I'm an insurance agent who works for an independent agency and I'm paid hourly - $29/hr (roughly $60K a year) and they also pay full medical so I'm only responsible for my copay. I also get a Christmas bonus that's normally around $5K. I've been really unhappy with my office environment for awhile and am thinking about making a change. Today I took an interview at another independent agency where they are salary based plus commissions - 20% for renewal business and 50% for new, and I would also make 50% for any cross selling from commercial to personal. They do not have group insurance and the owner said he would look into quoting the medical for me today so when they make me an offer for the salary they can take into account that I don't currently pay for my medical insurance.

Would I be crazy to leave this current job and take the chance with commission? What would be the up and downside to switching to commission with a base salary? I've tried looking online and not a lot is coming up, I'm guessing because it's odd that my current agency is straight hourly.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Hourly versus Salary with Commission? Hourly versus Salary with Commission? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 30, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.