Profit-sharing bonus - red flag?

A few months ago, I was contacted by a recruiter about a position with Company A. While an employee of Company A, I would be working on-site at one of their client companies. The position description sent to me by the recruiter listed my salary as $X+bonus. The bonus section said that it was a profit-share and ranged between 10-18%. I accepted the position and began working in mid-September. On my first day, the Company A on-site manager explained the bonus and that there is a mid-June merit raise.

I just found out in my monthly one-on-one with her that I am not eligible for the year-end bonus. Apparently, you had to be hired by September 01 for eligibility. I do not remember her mentioning that in my first day training. No stipulations were listed in the position description from the recruiter. Additionally, I just re-read my offer letter, which mentions the bonus, saying it is contingent on that year’s profits and employee tenure, but does not mention that an employee needed to be hired by a specific date to be eligible.

I’m frustrated that it was sold to me as a benefit of the position by the recruiter, when I wasn’t eligible. It’s not the money that bothers me, though I had planned to use that to pay off some student loans; it’s that I feel like it’s a bait-and-switch. I forwarded the position description and my offer letter to my manager and I believe she was going to try and work something out, but I don’t have any guarantees on that. Is this enough of a red flag that I should start looking for something else?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Profit-sharing bonus - red flag? Profit-sharing bonus - red flag? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 30, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.