I'm a senior graduating in December, and I have been incredibly fortunate to receive 4 different job offers for after graduation. However, I am a fundamentally indecisive person, and trying to make a decision has been very challenging for me, especially considering that all of my offers are radically different from each other. Any insight into any of the industries, or even just what is most important in a first job would be incredibly helpful!
A little about me: Originally from the East Coast, about to graduate with a psych degree from a T20 school. Strongly considering going back to get an MBA at some point, ultimate goals would be management or strategy consulting, or possibly corporate strategy, but I'm also like a dumb 21 year old so how informed can I really be on these things?
The offers:
- Rotational Management program at a large retailer in San Fran. $75k (up to 16% bonus). Would end up with a role in either digital marketing or customer analytics. PROS: People were great; location is fantastic; could potentially maneuver to corporate strategy (which is more interesting to me than customer analytics or digital marketing); 20 days PTO to start, which is incredible. CONS: the program is new, so I would definitely be a bit of a guinea pig; cost of living is insanely high; company is known for being a bit mismanaged; retail is not my ideal industry; customer analytics stuff seemed kind of boring.
- Development Program at a commercial bank in Silicon Valley. $80k (up to 15% bonus). Would be doing credit risk assessment, loan underwriting, general "banker-y" things. The way the program works, I would be in the Bay Area for about two years, and then I would probably be moved to another west coast location (most are in CA, and really only one or two of the locations are "bad"). PROS: Location is absolutely to die for; the bank specializes in tech and start-ups so connections are very interesting; many exit opportunities in the Valley; culture seems fun, energetic, and youthful. CONS: Day to day work seems kind of boring; COL is insanely high; concerned that all exit opps will be in finance.
- Consulting at a small firm in Cleveland. $70k (up to $10k bonus). Would be doing lots of research and business analysis. My gut tells me this is the right choice. PROS: I've spent the last 6 months trying to get a consulting job, and this is a consulting job!; people were really fantastic, from the entry-level people all the way up to the partners; firm is small, so lots of mentorship opportunities; work seems genuinely interesting; exit opps should be strong (they specialize in an area with a lot of cachet); they seemed very excited to have me onboard; COL is low. CONS: Cleveland; benefits are almost non-existent (no health benefits, just 401k matching); company is not at all well-known; client-facing experiences seem somewhat limited.
- Industrial Supply in Los Angeles. $89k (up to 50%!!!!!! bonus - typical is 25%). Would be in a management role that rotates through many different areas of the business. PROS: Comp is legendary; benefits are legendary (best 401k program I've ever heard of, no premiums on health insurance, I would only pay copay); 100% tuition reimbursement program for any classes I want, including an MBA; exposure to many different areas of business; lots of smart people. CONS: Culture is supposed to be very strange and potentially toxic; mentorship is limited at best; I have no desire to be in industrials; LA is a bit of wildcard to me; company is not well-known, so some question marks about exit opps.
Any help or opinions would be much appreciated! I'm also more than happy to provide more info or expand on anything!
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: