To stay for a bit to get experience or leave?

I’m currently employed at a consultancy and have been fortunate enough to start supporting a private industry client doing data science work for the past few months. This work is great, my direct team is great, and I’m certain I’d like to keep working as a data scientist for the foreseeable future (it’s the first field I have felt this way about). The problem is that, on my company side, my direct manager is an absolute nightmare. He hogs credit, passes down blame, focuses on business development when he should be supporting the client, and is generally abrasive and mean-spirited. He’s a friend of my company’s CEO, so he’s managed to become untouchable here (don’t get me started on how disappointed I am in my CEO, who I used to really like).

At this point, the nepotism towards this ghastly figure is bad enough that I’m ready to move on. Sadly, I have realized that I need more data science experience to get a job in the field given my lack of computer science or statistics-specific degree. I can obtain this experience in my current potion, but this manager situation is soul-crushing each and every day. Reddit, do you have any advice, anything from psychologically handling the management situation, to quitting immediately and giving up the data science dream, or somewhere in the middle with a plan to get the experience and leave?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

To stay for a bit to get experience or leave? To stay for a bit to get experience or leave? Reviewed by Louhi on octobre 16, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.