I was fired twice in a row from degree relevant jobs after I graduated. The first was a hellish contract position, I burned out after less than a year. I spent a year at my next job, but management lost track of my training, I fell behind, and was fired for sloppy work. Now I'm at another contract position, but it's ending due to budget issues.
I'm leaving this current position on good terms, and my manager even offered to extend my contract week by week while I look for something new. They also agreed to give me a reference, although company policy won't let them say much. I have relevant experience from every position, and some additional responsibilities at this one. I'm in a location with many opportunities in my field. I have enough savings to last almost a year without a job.
I'm prepared to own my mistakes and explain how I've gotten better. But I'm worried employers will do a background check on my resume and dismiss me out of hand. I couldn't blame them, 3 jobs in 2 years looks bad. Do I start all over and take the first entry level position that'll have me? Have I ruined my chances of even getting an entry level job? I know I've learned from my failures, but is all this a sign that I don't belong in this field?
Also with the holidays approaching there's almost no openings in my area I'm qualified for, is this typical? Should I ask my manager to extend my contract week by week? I don't want to wear out my welcome.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: