Job ads misrepresenting pay

So I've gotten 2 job offers and I am a little tiffed. I don't know how to proceed.

One listing said pay was $16-18. Aced the interview and they offered me the job on the spot. I figured I'd negotiate pay when I came in to do paperwork the next day. However the woman who was handling my paperwork told me its $16. When I told her I hoped with my experience and education I could get closer to $18, she seemed annoyed and said I'd have to talk to the guy who interviewed me and he's on holiday vacation. Said she'll have him call me.

The other listing also said pay was $16-18. Got an email saying theyre offering me the job for $15. Pay was not discussed in the interview, and the email is phrased very matter of fact, it doesn't read like pay is negotiable.

Should I pursue counter offers? Or just take the higher paying position for now and keep looking for other jobs? These are both fairly low level jobs, yet they advertised higher pay so I don't feel my frustration is unjustified.

A part of me thinks they put deceptively high pay ranges to attract applicants, but have no intention of actually paying that high, since they didn't attempt to negotiate. I feel a bit baited and switched.

I have a stem degree and plenty of applicable experience. I was making $30/hr at my last job which was a managerial role; I didn't expect to get that much since these aren't managerial, but I do feel I deserve $18.

In my previous role, they brought up pay during the interview, and I expected the same would occur for these jobs. Everything online says the interviewee shouldn't bring up pay until after the interviewer does, so I didn't feel appropriate bringing it up myself in these interviews. In the future, if they don't bring up pay in the interview, should I? How can I advocate for myself and my value, without coming across like I'm "only in it for the money"?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Job ads misrepresenting pay Job ads misrepresenting pay Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 27, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.