What do you make of this situation?

When I finished college, the family run company I did work placement with wanted me back full-time. When I arrived, the current manager was leaving (HR problems and other staff turnover) and within 3 months I filled her position. Looking back, I think this was a crazy decision and a major red flag but I knew I was very capable of handling the position and now 5 years later I have a larger, successful team under me and I've accomplished a lot.

The company have been really great, I've worked on projects and received awards/great opportunities. I've received small promotions and bonuses every year which has kept me happy financially. Feedback has always been keep up the good work.

Problem is, the workplace culture in general is actually terrible and most employees hate it here. HR is incredibly weak and the owner is about to retire, leaving his aloof son to take over who really doesn't care for the company. I'm very concerned the company will be sold due to his lack of ability to lead and I hear a lot of gossip about people wanting to jump ship.

Whats worse, I have an employee working in an important role within my team who I have made clear from his probationary period is not performing AT ALL. HR and the owners have consistently avoided this with me and he is with the company 4 years now. He is not the only underperformer by a long shot but he's under my direct management so it really bothers me. I've tried all options even recently confronting the owner about how it has affected me and they've basically done nothing again.

I'm in a situation where I'm looked after directly but the company as a whole is not and the culture is truly awful. The lack of HR has many people getting away with murder while the hardworkers pick up the mess.

I've just applied for new managerial roles elsewhere and I'm so conflicted. I just want to know what others think? I probably know myself its the right decision but would love to hear what others make of this?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

What do you make of this situation? What do you make of this situation? Reviewed by Louhi on août 30, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.