Should I ask for a raise or compensation?

I used to work in manufacturing for a large company. I moved on to a new job where I am now salaried. I have been at the company for 4 years and have only worked first shift (7-3/4ish). Many people have left in the last 3 months finding jobs that pay better. Everyone knows this is happening and no one at my company is doing anything about it. We are going into a shutdown where there will be no production from end of October to beginning of December.

My supervisor recently told me there have been talks about me going back to manufacturing but it’s not that simple. 1. They want me to do both my current role and work in manufacturing. 2. They want me to train an individual to do part of my job that I only learned in February. 3. They don’t know if I will be able to pursue a project (I was forced to participate in by my supervisor) I’ve put a lot of hard work into that will not move forward without me. 4. They want me to work 2nd or 3rd shift when I’ve only ever worked first shift there. 5. I haven’t worked in that department in 2 years (had a manufacturing job in another department between then and current role). 6. This request was for 6 weeks (for now but potentially in a few months, too) but I know it would have been longer had I not had a vacation coming up and they’d move me after I return.

My husband thinks I should ask for more money, not a shift differential but a permanent raise. He thinks that since I’ve said yes to everything they’ve asked for in the past that they just expect me to say yes to this, too. They told me they were afraid to ask hourly employees to cover this shifts because 1, they must submit it in writing 30 days in advance they just must work another shift (it’s too late now, but also proves this avenue wasn’t taken) and 2, they’re afraid that person would quit.

I worry that this will keep happening and because I have experience in manufacturing, I’ll be pulled back there anytime they need someone forever. I worked hard to get out of there. Also, if I just say yes and not put up a fight, what will they ask for next? I do like working there but this whole thing has been pretty draining. The next conversation will be sometime this week since I leave for vacation on Friday.

What should I do?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I ask for a raise or compensation? Should I ask for a raise or compensation? Reviewed by Louhi on août 29, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.