News Producer job in my area - how much of a hindrance is it if I have no technical experience? (X-post from r/journalism)

In college, I was an English major and was pretty well-experienced in written journalism, writing for the school paper and taking a lot of news writing classes. After I graduated, I got a job in insurance, but I hate it and want to do something more in line with journalism. I had made plans to start reaching out to publications for freelancing opportunities, until COVID hit and kind of put those plans on hold.

Now there's a news producer opening in my town, and I meet all the formal qualifications, but I'm worried about the fact I have very little knowledge/experience with digital technology. The job posting said they just wanted someone with a degree in English or Journalism (which I have) and they would be willing to train someone with no experience in a professional news setting. But I don't know what would be unreasonable to expect in terms of training someone completely new?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

News Producer job in my area - how much of a hindrance is it if I have no technical experience? (X-post from r/journalism) News Producer job in my area - how much of a hindrance is it if I have no technical experience? (X-post from r/journalism) Reviewed by Louhi on août 01, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.