Interviewing for a job with little to no opportunities for growth.

I have a job interview coming up to work for the city as a bus driver. I'm very aware that there will be little to no room for career growth if I land this job.

Fortunately, that fits what I'm looking for perfectly. I have absolutely no interest in climbing a career ladder anywhere, I'm much more interested in finding a secure, steady job that allows me to pursue meaningful work outside of the workplace (volunteering, potentially mentoring as a big brother, etc...).

I'm just wondering if it's a horrible idea to be upfront about the fact that I think it's a good fit because I don't have any career ambitions and I'm not looking for career growth -- I would definitely never say that at any other job interview but I think it might be a good idea to acknowledge that it's what I'm looking for and that I won't get restless due to lack of progression at work. Really nail down that this job would make me feel privileged to have the security to be able to spend my time outside of work uplifting fellow members of the community.

Just kind of looking for feedback on whether that's a solid approach assuming they ask about a 5 year plan or the fact that there isn't much growth potential come up at some point. Otherwise I have lots of customer service experience (which they're specifically looking for) and really enjoyed operating a forklift so I think I'll do okay, is trying to sell them on me just wanting to be a cog in their machine so I can take a bigger role in the community too much?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Interviewing for a job with little to no opportunities for growth. Interviewing for a job with little to no opportunities for growth. Reviewed by Louhi on août 01, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.