Injured at work and manager wants me to come in for a few hours every shift

Uk based.

I badly sprained my ankle at work a couple of days ago when I fell from a scissor lift and I required hospital treatment. No broken bones just soft tissue damage and they gave me crutches to use whilst recovering.

My shifts are 12 hours long and I’m on my feet the entire time so the consultant recommended to self certify for 7 days and that should be enough.

When I was finished at the hospital my manager came and picked me up. Bearing in mind I was now on crutches she asked if I would be able to start work again when we got back. I said no because as you can see I am not capable of that right now I need to go home to recover.

She said ok but do you think you could come in Sunday (today) for a couple of hours to do some computer based training as it’s overdue. I reluctantly agreed. When I finished she said I hope you’ll be able to return Wednesday (my next shift) if not I will get you to come in for a few hours so I can keep an eye on you.

I didn’t respond to that as it caught me off guard and I was gobsmacked as it’s not something I’ve ever been asked to do in any job ever and it’s not something she can actually ask me to do.

I’m not sure what to do as she doesn’t seem to understand that you can’t keep asking your employees to come into work when they’re injured and are not fit to work.

I know what my employee rights are I’m just not sure how to deal with this situation

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Injured at work and manager wants me to come in for a few hours every shift Injured at work and manager wants me to come in for a few hours every shift Reviewed by Louhi on août 01, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.