How should I frame this situation during interviews?

Hi everyone, I'm a 26 year old. My undergrad is in psychology and I completed half of a master's degree in school psychology. The reason I withdrew is because I did not like the field and couldn't see myself doing it for a career. I am about to graduate with a masters in accounting this December, which I started in January 2020 right after my previous master's program.

I have work experience in the medical field for a year after my bachelor's (I was interested in going into the medical field but chose school psychology instead).

Then I had a 4 month gap until my next job, which was an academic tutor for high schoolers (while I was in my school psych program, I thought it would be good to work with kids). I stayed at this job for 4 months until the end of the school year, and then started my current job (as a medical scribe again) which I've been at for over 2 years.

I've been interviewing for accounting jobs and most interviewers ask about my past jobs listed on my resume. I don't have my school psych program listed on my resume as I feel it is irrelevant now.

My issue is that, even though it was a main focus during that time in my life, I'd rather not talk about it in interviews. Really, I want to explain my past education/work experience without appearing indecisive.

I haven't mentioned that program during my job interviews, but it's particularly hard discussing the 4 month job gap and my reasoning for becoming a tutor for high schoolers. Is there some way I can spin my past experiences to look good for employers? Thanks.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How should I frame this situation during interviews? How should I frame this situation during interviews? Reviewed by Louhi on août 01, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.