Quit New Job - AITA?

So.... The pandemic hit different for me. I was laid off from a corporate job right at the beginning and then started a food truck with my partner. We had a bangin' little business but I had a traumatic loss and could no longer keep up with the 80+ hour weeks in order to stay afloat. As everyone knows, the service industry is thirsty for employees and we couldn't get anyone to help us so we made the painful decision to push pause on our dream and go back to work for the man. I decided that I wanted to stay in the industry so that I could learn more skills for when we decided to open our truck back up. Well....I started at my favorite restaurant in town and it's kind of a hot mess (probably due to the aforementioned understaffing). The supervisor doesn't send out the schedule for the week until literally less than 48 hours before the week begins so....how does one plan anything? And this week, she changed me, without notice, from prep (typically 8-4) to closing. I wanted to do the right thing and attempt to hang in there but..... last night made it clear that the culture is not right for me. I was there until almost two hours after close because the others wanted to smoke and drink rather than hustle and clean. I just became a solo surviving parent to two children....that ain't something I can do. I quit today without notice. I figured that I'd only been there for two weeks and due to the fact that I was training on the line, they had me doubled up with another employee vs running the station solo. The manager was pretty pissed off but.... it seems silly to give the same amount of notice as the time that I've worked. I could understand if I'd been there for years but I don't want to waste her time or mine. And what is a better time than when another employee is literally scheduled to be on top of me? That same employee is running the station solo tomorrow so it feels like that's within her capability. Am I a giant jerk? I'm now also terrified that I can never eat at my favorite restaurant again. I'm going back to more traditional hour work for the sake of my kids (and my aging body).

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Quit New Job - AITA? Quit New Job - AITA? Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 07, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.