Need urgent advice on how to leave my job ASAP

LONG POST INCOMING

Hi everyone, I am a 21 year old college student that will be graduating next spring. Anyway, Pre-COVID, I got a seasonal job at my local wastewater plant and have been working there since I was 18 (excluding 2020 due to lock downs). I really like the people and the overall atmosphere, but ever since I started working there again at the beginning of the summer, I have not been healthy at all. For those who are unfamiliar with working at a wastewater treatment plant, you're basically are around human waste and anything related to it, the entire work day. There's a running joke about new employees getting "wastewater sickness", which is when they get really sick the first few weeks they're there because their body isn't used to the environment. This happened to me when I first started, and happened to me after I had to take a year off due to COVID. The first time I got it when I was 18, it only lasted about a week, which is considered normal I guess. This time around, I got "wastewater sickness" and have never quite made a full recovery.

I've dealt with allergies all my life, and the plant has a ton of allergens that trigger mine (pollen, ragweed, etc.). I was always able to control them with little to no effort and they never caused previous issues in the past. Upon coming back, I was able to fully manage my allergies for about a week or two until I got really sick. This happened after my crew and I cleaned out one of our aeration tanks (a 20ft tank where we stood knee deep in waste spraying hoses for 10+ hrs a day for 3 days; no time and a half btw :/ ), and I thought it was just the wastewater sickness since waste particles were flying through the air and we were breathing them in. It's now been almost three months and I still feel physically like crap almost everyday. The only times when I felt actually healthy was when I went on vacation for two weeks and was away from the plant. As soon as I come back, sick right away again, literally on the first day. It's gotten to the point where I dread going to work just because I know I'll be miserable the entire time. It got so bad that I went to an immediate care facility to get it checked out and was told that it was only allergies... but I know how I react to allergies and this was way more intense.

I took last week off and now it's the weekend and for the first time in awhile, I feel legitimately healthy, aside from very minor allergies of course. Anyhow, my boss texted me Friday that we are going to be cleaning the other tanks starting early Monday morning and I plan on not showing up. I've already called out sick a lot and I feel like it's pissing everyone off, so at this point I think it'd be easier to just leave. I can't do another day of this. I've already been constantly ill for 2+ months, and if leaving means burning bridges, so be it. I care about my health more than a job/reference. My question to you all is: is there a professional way to leave this job via phone call/email/text, or should I just walk in on Monday and tell my boss that I quit? I honestly have no idea what to do and with Monday approaching, I don't have a lot of time. I appreciate any advice/input that anyone has. Thanks!

TL;DR: Job been making me sick for 2+ months, want to quit before having to pull three 10 hour days of torture.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Need urgent advice on how to leave my job ASAP Need urgent advice on how to leave my job ASAP Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 31, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.