Keep getting pigeonholed as an admin assistant

People keep trying to make me an admin assistant when I don’t enjoy the work and I don’t apply for those jobs (unless I’m unemployed and need to pay rent ASAP). I have been applying for event/program coordinator jobs for years and I have experience in those roles. I had one small org hire me, but changed the job title to Assistant to xxxxxx. The job duties did not change so I was still in charge of a main program. I didn’t fight it because I had just moved halfway across the country and needed the job, but I regret it now.

After that I continued applying, and in an interview was asked if I’d also consider the admin opening. I politely declined and explained how my skills were better suited for the coordinator job. I did not get an offer.

Then I was laid off and the only offer I got was as an admin. I took it out of desperation and kept looking for coordinator jobs. My only offer after that was ALSO for the admin position despite it being the only admin job I had applied to, vs. tons of events jobs. Had to take it due to covid layoffs.

Now I’m interviewing for coordinator jobs again and ANOTHER interviewer asked if I’d consider the admin opening instead. What the heck?! If I wanted that job, I would have applied for it! My resume and cover letter are specifically tailored to showcase my event and program experience! I continue to plan events in all of my roles regardless of title!

I promised myself I wouldn’t apply to any more admin jobs because I hate the work and I’m somehow still getting considered for the role. I feel like I can’t win. Has anyone else had this happen?

PS: I have a masters degree so it’s not my education level.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Keep getting pigeonholed as an admin assistant Keep getting pigeonholed as an admin assistant Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 31, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.