Can anyone relate to being between a rock and a hard place?

During the pandemic most of our management team worked from home or never came back. We are a contract team so we don't have official titles but informally volunteer to take on multiple roles. Our office manager is gone. I've volunteered for that role because that's what I do for my job. Again, I am not an office manager officially, nor do I want to be. The support staff had no supplies or a working computer until I helped them out. It's not my job, but if I don't we wouldn't get business done. The support staff call me their manager. This makes my senior colleagues furious.

Last week they all came together to report me for 'stealing' (giving the receptionist my old computer), calling myself an office manager (to clients who don't need to know details) and 'taking credit for all of this' (I never told anyone I was doing extra work for free). I was threatened to be written up and yelled at for calling myself and office manager (Its a bad job and the salary is not much more than a receptionist). I didn't initially call myself that until staff and customers began to. When i corrected them, they would be confused but continued anyways.

The problem is that I can no longer do the job or use the title. They want me to use the term receptionist. Even when we already have one and I do no receptionist work. They have the power to do that. When I terminated my contract, they asked me back but stipulated that my official title would be receptionist with my current pay of $35 an hour. My only other option right now is to continue with my part time contract that I was hired for by a director of another division. Same pay.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Can anyone relate to being between a rock and a hard place? Can anyone relate to being between a rock and a hard place? Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 31, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.