Is there a polite way to decline a job offer after accepting?

I'm going to try and keep this post short because I'm feeling overwhelmed with my whole situation.

Some quick backstory, I currently have a job where I'm working 4 days (about 25 hours) a week in afternoons/evenings and it covers my expenses but I'm not saving. So I've been hunting for a second job to supplement.

One of the ones I applied to is for 5 days a week in the mornings with an okay but steady pay. I had my initial interview with them at the end of June and suddenly on Monday they emailed me with an offer letter.

A different job I applied to was for only 2 days a week (no overlap with current job) and a higher per hour pay but less overall. They sent me an offer yesterday (Thursday). And I would like to accept.

Problem is, I already kind of accepted the first position. I haven't signed anything yet, but I met with the manager this morning to get all of the paperwork that I would need to fill out and they want me to come in for training in a week. Originally I had entertained the thought of accepting both and just pushing myself to work and save a lot for a year because I hate saying no to people, would really like to build up some more savings. But as I was in the meeting this morning I had a gut feeling that I would be doing the wrong thing trying to balance all 3.

So how can I back out of this offer after initially saying yes? I don't want to come off as unprofessional or like I was leading them on. The opportunity is great and I would be totally on board if the other offer hadn't come in right when it did. Or should I just try to do both and see what happens? I'm just very confused and when I ask the people around me they all just say to do what I think is best and will make me happy, but I have no clue what will make me happy right now.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Is there a polite way to decline a job offer after accepting? Is there a polite way to decline a job offer after accepting? Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 30, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.