Is a post-interview "assessment" just a company getting free ideas/work?

Recent college graduate here. I just interviewed for a new PR position at this company, and the person interviewing me was the person who had previously been doing this position's work and was hiring someone to take over (they made this position bc they realized they now needed two people to do this). I'm essentially becoming both her replacement and underling, so when she said I needed to complete a trial assignment after the interview, that made sense to me. After all, since I'm taking over the job that she had done and would be reporting directly to her and all that, it'd make sense for her to want to see my work and make sure I'm a good fit for the position.

But I've been working on it, and I'm realizing that I think this is just a way for the company to get free work. I have to brainstorm five ideas for studies/articles they could do on their blog, and I have to come up with a list of eight journalists to pitch these studies to, compile all of their email addresses and areas of expertise and all that, and write a pitch to one of them. The assignment itself makes sense, but given the amount of work I have to do for what's just supposed to be a trial makes me feel weird. I'm still going to complete it because the job sounds great for me, but.... isn't this kind of messed up? Or is this normal? Or is this normal AND messed up?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Is a post-interview "assessment" just a company getting free ideas/work? Is a post-interview "assessment" just a company getting free ideas/work? Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 01, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.