Bored or Burnt Out?

Hello,

Just for some reference, I'm a student coordinator for 3.5 years now, and I am slowly reaching a point where I can't tell if I'm bored with the role, burnt out or both. My job recently requires a lot of administrative work, and pre-covid, it was actually manageable because we were allowed to travel for a semester out of the year for student recruitment. That was actually the fun part, getting to travel, interacting with students.

After Covid hit, we were just slammed with more administrative + research work and it all piled on the coordinators including myself. Only the directors will be able to travel and they are generating all sorts of ideas and brainstorming to keep us afloat as we strategize to recruit students. It's exhausting because all the strategic execution comes down to us small people (coordinators). We are left with juggling our day to day tasks + additional work assigned to us randomly and urgently needed. Benefits are cut due to the lack of student recruitment, and so there's no room to grow in this position or motivation. I've never really enjoyed coordinating, it was more of a way to get into the advisor position, but I'm afraid I might have outstayed my position/role.

I haven't exactly expressed my true thoughts or feelings with my bosses, because they are so stressed and trying to keep the company alive during this time. I feel even if I did express it, there's really nothing much to be done honestly. Times are hard, and we've been preached to that we are fortunate to have a job. Many school companies have shut down during this time, but it still isn't enough to keep me afloat. What's even harder is that I feel this tremendous guilt for having the thought of leaving the company. My bosses aren't bad, we are just in a tough spot right now- there are less than 10 of us in the office. It's hard but I'm just not sure if I could keep going by this rate, it's torturing going to work with this dreadful feeling. It takes so much effort to even get a simple task done. I have already began updating my resume and searching for jobs out there, but haven't seen any opportunities that are fitting yet.

If anyone has any helpful advice or let me know what you would do in my shoes, that would be great! Thanks.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Bored or Burnt Out? Bored or Burnt Out? Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 26, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.