Should I stay or should I go?

I am a field service engineer and have become very specialized in a particular type of medical equipment. The machines cost 3-4 million dollars to buy and 300-400k/year for a service contract for the manufacturer. I took my current position 4 years ago for about a 30% lower pay rate because at the time they still had service contracts, and I would only function as someone to take a first look when machines go down in the middle of the day so they don’t have to cancel patients while they wait for hours or sometimes days for the manufacturer to come complete a 5-minute repair.

My department had a change in management and a few years ago someone in an office building looked at the service history of the machines I work on, noted how rarely we actually called the manufacturer for service and opted to cancel those service contracts. To be clear, the reason why they call the manufacturer so rarely that they don’t need over a million dollars/year in service contracts is because I am there and I was fixing problems before they had to call the manufacturer in.

Now, I am doing 100% of the work on those machines. It’s not that bad and I’m not unwilling to take things over, but I took a big pay cut because I thought I was going to have dependable hours knowing that the service contracts would cover the things that I can’t do during normal working hours. Everyone else who does the job I am now makes $30-40k/year more than I do. I pointed this out to my new manager 6 months ago. He said he’d look into it and get back to me, he didn’t.

I have been interviewing for other positions, and two weeks ago I had an offer for a position that was my last choice of the 4 positions that I had been interviewing for, but the fact that I had the offer gave me the confidence to be a little more frank with my current manager. I told him I had been interviewing for other positions and based on my current rate of pay I was unlikely to be working there much longer unless my pay rate is adjusted to be closer to industry standards. He said he didn’t know how to do that in our system, but he’d look into it and get back to me next week.

He didn’t get back to me, and yesterday I completed the interview process for a very intriguing position. The recruiter told me I was likely to get an offer for a salary that is $30k/year more than what I have been making.

I actually really like my job. I have made very close friendships with my coworkers and to the extent that I actually enjoy being at work, this is the best job I’ve ever had. I don’t know if my manager was passive-aggressively calling my bluff when he said he doesn’t know how to give a raise or if he is just incompetent. If/when I get the offer I can’t decide If I want to talk to the manager to give him a chance to match it, or just put in my Two weeks notice.

TLDNR: I've told my boss twice now that I'm underpaid and I'm going to leave if I don't get a raise and I didn't really get an answer. I'm expecting an offer for another position next week. If I get it, should I give him a chance to match it or just bail?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I stay or should I go? Should I stay or should I go? Reviewed by Louhi on juin 12, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.